Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'm A Thinker

 Did you know that one out of three people are introverted? This video was just too good for me not to post before I forgot to! It puts so much into perspective for me and helps introverts and extroverts understand where they fit in in life! I love this!




I've always been slightly bothered whenever somebody has labeled me as shy. It bothers me just as much when someone labels me as extroverted, confident, or sociable, because sometimes it simply isn't true. Those labels are absolutes. I'm either absolutely extroverted or absolutely introverted or 'shy' in the eyes of other people. The truth is, it's always a varying combination of both wherever I am and whatever I'm doing, and let's not forget to mention that shyness and introversion are not the same thing. The question that remains is: How much of it is shyness and how much is my natural introversion? How much is confidence and extroversion and how much of it is a defense mechanism to not seem shy.

One thing is certain -- I'm definitely a thinker and not so much a talker. That's one reason I have a blog! I feel like I can sometimes get a lot more across in writing than I can giving a speech!


No comments:

Post a Comment