Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hello November

You may be confused by the title of this post, seeing that November is well over. Allow me to explain. 'Hello November' is what Maren (my good friend) and I call our band! After months of sharing with each other our favorite music and finding that our tastes are almost exactly the same, we've finally resolved to make our own! It's just her and I right now but we're so excited to bring you the most beautiful and heartfelt indie music you've ever heard!!



Instruments we plan on using to write our songs will include:

-Piano
-Guitar
-Mandolin
-Xylophon/Bell Kit
-Our voices :)

We have only several months before we leave on LDS missions so we can't really go anywhere right now, but we're going to have fun anyways!! And when we get back -- if we still want to do it -- we'll be performing in concerts in no time!

Since Maren is living roughly 10 miles away right now and neither of us has a car, we won't be able to practice that often. So I made this video for her so that she can practice with me when she's not in Spanish Fork, and maybe even be inspired to write her own songs for the band!

Thanks, Maren, for doing this with me. :)

Here's a sneak peak at the writing process!! I filmed this within an hour of writing the song's first verse! (Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment